Thursday, June 23, 2011

Calgary Herald Garden Videos- Pruning

The video series running with the Calgary Herald is a chance to share info in a new way. Check out the latest one!



Oops #1 on this video- from the angle Ted was filming, the shrub was blocked so it looks like I am pruning a fern instead of hydrangeas.

Oops # 2 - my shears were dull you can see me ripping rather than cleanly cutting the small branches.... Never do that yourself. Always clean and sharpen your tools so you don't look silly on tv.

Oh well- let us know if we are going in the right direction with this video series. We'd love to get your feedback.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being new to Calgary and a novice gardener, I'm so glad I found this Blog today! I really enjoyed this video, Thank you for sharing. Wish there were more, and more technical info. What about rose shrubs? Are they hard to prune? Do they need special care? And trees...I have so many shoots to deal with, is pruning the best way to deal with that?

Thanks again,
Have a great summer!
Renee